Welcome to Big Old Goofy World . . . a place where I can share my thoughts, hopes, and dreams about this rock that we live on and call home.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Spitting Image

I have read the comic strip Luann for years and years, and I must admit that it is one of my favorites as it draws me into its comic strip soap opera.  I like the story lines and actually do want to know what is next--plus its humor is not bad at all.  But, if I am going to be honest with myself, I have admit that probably the real reason that I read the comic strip at all is because there is a deep seated connection--psychological, spiritual, or whatever.  Or, it could be that I have found the spitting image of myself in one of the characters.

Luann's dad is a cartoon caricature of me!  I look in the mirror and I see Luann's father--the hair line, the glasses, the body shape, even the attitude.  It's me!  What do you think:



 I guess it was an unfair question to ask--whether or not Luann's father looks like me, or vis-a-versa--especially since I have not posted a picture of myself with the blog.  But trust me--that's me.

I think that we all have some comic strip or cartoon character that reminds us of ourselves.  He or she is out there and deep down we identify with that character--we project onto that character.  I am curious to know who you think you look like when it comes to the comics.  I have found my spitting image--who is yours?

1 comment:

Candace said...

Is it weird that I think Luann is my comic spitting image? Haha. Love you and I think you are dead on with this one.