Welcome to Big Old Goofy World . . . a place where I can share my thoughts, hopes, and dreams about this rock that we live on and call home.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Between a Laugh and a Tear

John Mellencamp
"Between a Laugh and a Tear"


Sometimes you just want a break.

For over three days now the community of Joliet has been dealing with its flood.  It has been hard, tiresome work.  It has been depressing when one pauses to consider all the hopes and dreams that literally washed down the river.  It can weigh heavy on one's soul.  Out of that heaviness there comes a longing for some respite because no one can live life between a "laugh and a tear".

Sometimes you just need a good laugh.  This evening I took a break and decided to have a little laughter in my life.  I love cartoon puns--the punnier the better.  Here are a few that made me laugh:

For all of you Wizard of Oz fans.


Here comes a slew of "butt" puns . . . 



. . . and other parts of the body!


Puns for the religious . . .






. . . and puns for the non-religious!








I hoped you enjoyed the puns as much as I did.  If you have any great puns please share them.  As I close I share my favorite, all-time pun: Two men walk into a bar, the third one ducks.  Enjoy!!  Don't get stuck between a laugh and a tear!

No comments: