Welcome to Big Old Goofy World . . . a place where I can share my thoughts, hopes, and dreams about this rock that we live on and call home.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Lots of Good Music

“We dance for laughter, we dance for tears, we dance for madness, we dance for fears, we dance for hopes, we dance for screams, we are the dancers, we create the dreams."

(Unknown)

“Music speaks what cannot be expressed, soothes the mind and gives it rest, heals the heart and makes it whole, flows from heaven to the soul.”

(Unknown)


I love music . . . always have.  All of our children love music--all sorts of music.  The wife and I have done well in instilling the love music in our children.  In return our children have opened us up to a whole new world of music--they have introduced us to groups and singers that are wonderful additions to our musical libraries.  The only type of music I cannot appreciate is rap and Justin Bieber. Maybe when I get older I can appreciate those styles of music, or if I drink a whole lot of beer, but for right now I just don't care for either one.  

One of the nice things about Montana--or at least where we live--is the variety of musical entertainment that we have the opportunity to enjoy.  Whether it is at the big city's auditorium or at one of the local breweries, we have had the opportunity to see and listen to a lot of wonderful music.  We also have the opportunity to take in a few festivals in the area that bring in some wonderful musical groups and singers.  You can't beat it with a stick.

I my youngest son taught me a new tool on Blogger that has opened up a whole new world for me . . . and for you.  He has taught me how to download videos to share.  It will probably be a curse but one that should be quite enjoyable for everyone.  With this new knowledge I now have the opportunity to expose folks to some of the musical groups I have come to enjoy since moving to Montana.

Elephant Revival


This group comes from Nederland, Colorado.  They come through the big city about every three to four months and play at the Yellowstone Valley Brewery.  You can't beat the combination of good Montana micro brewed beer and great music.

Tumbledown House


This musical duet hails from Bozeman, Montana.  They are wonderful and the lead singer has a voice that just melts you.  You close your eyes and the music transports you back to the 1920's blues joints.  Saw them in the intimate setting of the Yellowstone Valley Brewery.

Boulder Acoustic Society


This group, of course, is from Boulder, Colorado, and play a wonderful mixture of music--neo folk and bluegrass and blues.  Got to listen to them at the Festival of Nations in Red Lodge, Montana.  Under the night skies by the Beartooth Mountains with great music, family, and good old Red Lodge Ales micro brews.

These are just a few of the groups that we have had the opportunity to listen to since moving to Montana.  If you like music, good beer, and sitting in the shadows of the mountains, you can't beat Montana.  I'll share more . . . 

No comments: