Welcome to Big Old Goofy World . . . a place where I can share my thoughts, hopes, and dreams about this rock that we live on and call home.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

To Dream . . .

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.
( Harriet Tubman)



We all dream . . . we need to dream.  Lately I have been thinking about dreams for various reasons.  Watching the Little League World Series with the local team being only one game from the championship of the whole world--a game no one every dreamed that the team from Montana would make.  But those boys are living the dream and believe in it.  It might be knowing the struggles of my oldest son in realizing his dreams and the barriers he keeps running into that keep deterring those dreams--but he keeps dreaming.  Or it could be the dreams of my daughter--dreams she has had all her life--and the constant bumps in the road she keeps experiencing to delay those dreams.  Maybe it is the wife and I with the dreams of our second oldest son--his desire for his own independent life out in the "real world"--and the constant frustrations that his disability (Epilepsy) and the bureaucratic system create in realizing that dream.  Or, maybe, it is just the dreams I have had since I was a kid and realizing as a middle-aged man that I have not yet quite reached them all.  Yeah, we all need to dream . . . but sometime dreaming hurts.  But we can never quit dreaming.
 
Sometimes we just need to close our eyes, listen, and dream:
 River of Dreams
Billy Joel 
 

 Dream On
Areosmith
 
Dreams
The Cranberries
 
Dreams
The Corrs
 
Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Green Day
 
Sweet Dreams
Eurythmics
 
Dream Weaver
Gary Wright
 
Everyone has his or her dreams . . . you can never give up on the dream.  When I think about dreams and I really want to get inspired I only have to watch this last video . . .
 
I Dreamed a Dream
Susan Boyle
 
What's your favorite song that keeps you dreaming?  Keep on dreaming! 

No comments: