Welcome to Big Old Goofy World . . . a place where I can share my thoughts, hopes, and dreams about this rock that we live on and call home.

Monday, August 1, 2011

I Know You're Out There


I know you are out there.  I know that you have read my blog.  I know that you have read it from all parts of the world.  I know you exist . . . but I have no clue who you are!  Thanks to Blogger I can track the viewership of Big Old Goofy World as they give blog writers all sorts of statistics about the people who read it.  Because of that, I know that you are out there and that you are reading my blog.  For that I am appreciative, but I would like to know who you are.


According to Blogger statistics the majority of my viewership has come from the United States--by a long shot! A whopping 82 percent of those who read my blog come from the United States.  The United Kingdom comes in a distant second place with a mere 3.8 percent; Germany and Singapore come in around 2.8 percent; and they are followed by a host of other nations rounding it all out.  Nations like Israel, Canada, Malaysia, Philippines, Australia, and Sweden.  I have a virtual world-wide audience that takes the time to read my blog!  I know that you are out there!


I even know which Internet browsers you use.  The favorite browser from which people read my blog was Internet Explorer (36%), followed by Firefox (34%), and then Google Chrome (17%).  All the rest were in the single digits and did not pose much of a threat to the big three.  I was surprised by how many browsers were available out there in the world as there were some that I had never heard of.  The two that caught my attention the most were Opera and Camino.


It did not surprise me to discover that the majority of the world--83 percent--used Windows operating systems.  Coming in a distant second was Mac--even with the iPad and iPhone added together with Mac--with less than 10 percent using what Madison Avenue would lead us to believe is the most popular operating system in the world.  Again, I was surprised by the number of different operating systems there are out there in the world.  One reader even used PlayStation Portable to read my blog.  I feel honored!

Blogger gives me a lot of information about those who take the time to read my blog, but it really doesn't tell me anything about who you people are?  That makes me wonder . . . I'd like to get to know my viewership.  One of the reasons I started a blog was to meet new people from throughout the world.  I want to get to know them, where they live, and what they have to share.  I want to make this blog a global community where the reality of all of us being a part of the human family can be celebrated with one another.  But, as you can see by my "Followers" section I am not doing a very good job at creating that global community.  Heck, it ain't much more than a family reunion right now with mostly family and friends.  But that can change because I know you people are out there--you just need to acknowledge yourselves and become a part of the party!

Thus it is that I want to invite you to acknowledge yourselves.  Take a moment to make a comment and let me know what you are thinking.  At the end of each blog there is a place where you can leave a comment, and I promise you I will respond as soon as possible.  Also, there is place that you sign up and be a follower of the blog--which would be great because that will allow me a chance to see whether or not you blog.  That was another reason I started blogging--I wanted to read other people's blogs from throughout the world.  But if you never sign up and let me know . . . well, I'll never know!


I know you are out there!  Make Big Old Goofy World a part of your world and join the global community we can be--it will be educational and fun!  It will put a great big smile on my face out here in the wilds of Montana!  Enough of my begging . . . I know you are out there and I want to get to know you!

No comments: