Welcome to Big Old Goofy World . . . a place where I can share my thoughts, hopes, and dreams about this rock that we live on and call home.

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Karma Sucks!



The temperature got to 50 degrees by noon . . . by one o’clock it was pouring down torrential rain . . . and by six o’clock it was snowing . . . a whole year of weather in a span of six hours . . . welcome to springtime in Montana!

Karma sucks!

A couple of months ago, I was bemoaning the fact that the eastern parts of the United States were getting all of the snow and storms that typically hit the great state of Montana.  In particular, I was lamenting the lack of snow.  I guess God must have heard my lament and has been sending the Big Sky Country plenty of weather (snow, rain, and ice) like delivering the manna to the children of God in the wilderness . . . it has been happening about as regular as that!  Karma sucks!

Like most Montanans . . . I dress for the weather.  I layer it on for the weather . . . from the cold to the hot, I put my layers on.  It is better to be safe than sorry.  Since last Monday we have had seven inches of snow (gone within 24 hours), near monsoon-like rains, and now more snow.  Of course, the ski slopes closed last weekend . . . but, we are handling it.  Some of us better than others.

I might be in that “other” group as I am tired of the snow and ice . . . tired of scraping my car off . . . tired of driving slowly down the highway . . . tired of the crap game God is playing with the weather!  This is life in the springtime in Big Sky Country.  As they say, if you don’t like the weather, wait five minutes!  This is the “thanks” I get for griping about the weather in January . . . it is all my fault.  I brought this all on the great state of Montana . . . karma bites us all in the butt thanks to my biblical lament about the great weather we had been having!

At the same time, I should not complain.  The area of Montana I live in is within the area that the federal government declared drought-stricken, and is to receive financial assistance to help recoup the losses caused by the lack of moisture.  The assistance is great, but what most of us really want is the moisture . . . and, lately, God has been coming through in that department.  I want to “thank” God for that assistance . . . it will go a lot farther than any money ever will.  For that, we are all thankful.

In the meantime, I will endure scraping the windshields (for the millionth time) . . . I will watch son number two shovel the walk and drive (encouraging him the whole time, of course) . . . walking through the mud . . . and, encouraging our newest addition (Lucy the Dachshund, who hates the cold) to go out and take a break.  In the future, I will watch what I complain about . . . karma sucks! 

No comments: