Welcome to Big Old Goofy World . . . a place where I can share my thoughts, hopes, and dreams about this rock that we live on and call home.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Harper Leigh


At 4:30PM, Mountain Standard Time, today, Harper Leigh Pattee made her entrance into the world . . . God be with her!  I would be lying if I did not admit that it is wonderful to have our second granddaughter make an appearance into our lives.  Both the wife and I anxiously await our first encounter at the end of the August . . . in the meantime we just beam with that grandparently glow.



The wife and I, and the other grandparents, think that the daughter and son-in-law do good work.  Harper Leigh looks beautiful, but then again there has never been an ugly baby born.  She looks healthy, she looks alert, and she looks as if she will be a handful in the future . . . all I can say is that what goes around, comes around.  May God be with parents!


It is such a blessing to be a part of an expanding family . . . first, there was little Emily, our granddaughter in Fort Collins, Colorado and all the family she brought with her.  Then there was Harper Leigh in Dothan, Alabama.  The wife and I feel immensely blessed to have two wonderful granddaughters to entertain and teach us in the years to come.  God is good . . . may God be with us all.

I know that this has been an exhausting day for both our daughter and son-in-law . . . it wasn’t quite the way that they imagined it would be, but it is the way that it played out.  They have survived and now begin the journey of parenthood.  Our prayers are with them.  As they turn in for the night, I want to share one of my favorite lullabies . . . yeah, poor Harper Leigh is going to learn the oldies.  For Harper and her parents . . . the Beatles . . .
Golden Slumber.



Another, more modern version for the daughter by Mumford and Sons.


Blessings abound!  Amen!

No comments: