Welcome to Big Old Goofy World . . . a place where I can share my thoughts, hopes, and dreams about this rock that we live on and call home.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Now Appearing

"The Ghost of Smokey Joe" by Tumbledown House

I like music.  I especially like live music in an intimate setting with family and friends.  A couple of months ago I had the opportunity to see the Bozeman, Montana group--Tumbledown House--at the Yellowstone Valley Brewery's Garage Pub.  It was a wonderful show--great music and beer--and well worth the five dollar cover charge.  I immediately became a fan.  To learn more about Tumbledown House go to their website at http://tumbledownhouse.com/.  If you saloon jazz you will like these two.

Yesterday, as I was listening to music on YouTube, I came across a video of Tumbledown House doing a concert in someone's home.  It was a small, intimate gathering set right in the middle of someone's living room.   How cool is that, I thought.  Here is a YouTube video that explains the concept:


Concerts in Your Home (http://www.concertsinyourhome.com/index.php) has over 500 artists that are willing to perform a concert in people's homes.  Talk about a fun way to spend an evening--food, beverages, friends and great music in an intimate setting.  Plus, get this, it is actually quite affordable.  And, best of all, Tumbledown House is actually one of the artists that they promote.  Here is a YouTube video of them performing at a House Concert:

Tumbledown House
House Concert in Newton, Mass.

I have now added "hosting a house concert" to my bucket list of things that I want to do.  The only problem is that my living room is probably too small for all my friends to gather for a concert like this.  Knowing this I am now on a mission to look for a nice intimate place for a house concert.  I know of a few places, but I am not sure that the people who live in these houses are ready to host a house concert.  Keep watching this blog to see when the first "Keener House Concert" will happen.  Let me know if you would be interested in attending--I'll see if I can get you on the guest list!

No comments: